I woke up before dawn this glorious spring morning to a chorus of birds welling up all around me, a steaming hot cup of coffee for which I am so grateful, a little excitement, because Sundays I am blessed to be able to attend the Zazen at Richmond Ekoji, AND a Sunshine Award nomination by Zen Girl. Thank you, Zen Girl! Your honest reflections on the challenges and questions that arise on the great Odyssey of life give your readers much fodder for thought. Keep writing, Z. Girl!!
What I really love about these awards is that they give the awardee the opportunity to thank a thoughtful reader and to spread the love to other inspiring writers. The rules of this particular award are:
1. Include the award logo in a post or in your blog.
2. Answer ten specific questions about yourself.
3. Nominate ten other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
1. What is your favorite color? Depends on my mood, really, but I really love just about every color on the yellow to orange to red to red-tinted purple.
2.What is your favorite animal?I love all animals, but I feel a particular connection to the spirit of wolves:
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? I’ve got a juicer, and I love this juice cocktail: red beets, carrots, apple, ginger, fresh parsley, kale.
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? I’m not a big fan of Twitter, personally. I do use Facebook, but barely.
5. What is your passion? Expanding Mindfulness in my life.
6. What’s your favorite pattern? Fibonacci Sequence in Nature–it’s everywhere!! Love seeing and contemplating sacred geometries, but Fibonacci Sequence is my favorite.
7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? They are one and the same to me. Being able to extend my joy and love and gratitude to someone else in the form of a present is a gift to me; and, when I receive a gift, I know that that I am giving someone else the opportunity to revel in the light of their own generosity. So, both.
8. What is your favorite number? 0 (a circle: the symbol of the Tao) and 8 (symbol of Infinity)
9. What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday!! Play-day!!
10. What is your favorite flower? Sunflower (one of my favorite poems–“Sunflower Sutra” by Alan Ginsberg)
In no particular order, all of these blogs enrich my thoughts and wonder. Please consider subscribing to their wonderful blogs, if you haven’t already!
Blessings to all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas in all Ten Directions Three Times!!