Thank you to the oh, so inspiring Paul of Resting in Awareness for the honor of a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Even the title of Paul’s magnificent blog reminds me that simply being in awareness is resting, is peace, is fulfillment, and that the thought of the Monkey Mind cannot perceive pure Awareness. His blog is a new discovery to me, and I am ever so grateful that our paths crossed.
I really love these awards, because they offer the opportunity to go on a Gratitude Rampage. The rules of the award dictate that the nominee nominate 15 other inspiring bloggers to receive the award, provided that they:
1. Display the award logo somewhere on their blog
2. Link back to the blog of the person who nominated them
3. State 7 tid-bits about themselves
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs
5. Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and what they must do in order to receive the award
So–seven random things about me:
1. I spent the whole of yesterday reading Virgil’s Georgics (or, in Latin) and lamenting the fact that this exquisite poem has been largely forgotten by modernity. It requires a good deal of effort (what Virgil calls ‘labor’) to yield understanding from the tensions and many layers of metaphor of the poem, but the reader is so richly rewarded by it. I am grateful to that this tender poem has survived several millenia.
2. I would like to know more about music, and I am grateful for every Chopin sonata.
3. For anyone out there looking for a wonderful Mom’s day gift, Jennifer Berezan’s gorgeous continuous chant, “Returning…to the Mother of Us All…” offers a richly meaningful and prayerful choral sound-scape. I am grateful to have experienced this prayer so profoundly when I was inducted as a Reiki Master along with my good friend Aleks. And, I was even more grateful that my own dear mother made the trip up from Florida to be present for it.
4. A friend sent to me a plaque for my birthday that says, “I drink coffee for your protection.” Oh, how I laughed, because it was spot on! How I am grateful for this lovely, sacred way to greet the day…
5. I love, love, love blueberry pie. I am grateful for the existence of blueberries.
6. Reiki and Meditation have changed my life in the most wonderful ways. I am grateful for the profound changes.
7. I am blessed beyond belief for more reasons than I could possibly communicate. One of the biggest, though, is the unconditional love and support of my wise, generous, and beautiful partner. I am ever so grateful for the love of my life.
Now, for 15 inspiring bloggers for whom I am ever so grateful:
4. Zen Girl
5. Monkey Mind
11. Be at Peace
12. Ben Naga
15. Fierce Buddhist
16. Live. Grow. Nourish. Create. (I know this is one more than the award calls for, but it’s really such a lovely, sunshiny blog–I couldn’t help myself…). And, I would have nominated Shaz of A Leaf in Springtime had not Paul already done so.